Community Dance & Music Classes
DDF offers a variety of dance programs in several locations for all ages please. Please visit our Hip Hop Dance Academy page <<insert webpage address>> to learn more about ways to enroll in our classes.
Each child/young adult can choose a single class from one of our curriculums for the duration of a session (6 to 8 weeks sessions). DDF can also provide a combination package where a student can do 2 or more performing arts disciplines for the entire course of one session. (6 to 8 weeks sessions – rotating classes).
Our Classes and Curriculums include:
- Dance Lessons –A professional styled dance class with an experienced choreographer (Hip-Hop, Jazz, Ballet, Salsa, Break Dancing)
- Keyboard lessons–Learn to play and read music on both a keyboard and a piano. Advanced classes include advanced skill techniques as well as working on creating one’s own music.
- Voice Lessons –Learn to hear and emulate notes play from a piano and learn voice control like your favorite singer. (includes some authentic recording studio time)
- Guitar Lessons – Learn the basics of reading music, including basic guitar chords and progressions. Students can learn how to play both acoustic and/or electric guitar.
- Creative Writing Classes– Learn to write raps, poetry, songs and comedy skits. Teaches you the techniques to writing short stories, harmonies, and melodies as well as freestyle tips.
- Music Production & Studio Engineering–Introduction to using Pro-tools or similar Digital Audio Workstations and the basics to beat making, music creation, and mixing.
- Video Production – Learn to shoot footage, produce commercials, music videos & short films. They will gain experience in filming, directing, as well as lighting, audio, video, and video editing.